Craving a delicious and easy meal for those busy weeknights? One-Pot Spaghetti Carbonara is the answer! This classic Italian dish is perfect for those who want a satisfying and scrumptious meal without spending hours in the kitchen. Made with simple ingredients and bursting with flavor, it’s sure to become a go-to favorite in your household.
Picture this: a creamy, velvety sauce clinging to tender spaghetti, salty pancetta, and a generous sprinkle of Parmesan cheese. It’s the epitome of comfort food, yet it’s surprisingly simple to make. The best part? This One-Pot Spaghetti Carbonara recipe requires minimal cleanup, making it a weeknight dinner superhero.
First, let’s talk about the secret to achieving the creamiest carbonara sauce without using any cream. The answer lies in eggs! That’s right – by whisking together eggs and Parmesan cheese, you’ll create a luscious, silky sauce that perfectly coats the pasta.
Now, let’s discuss the magic of the one-pot cooking method. Not only does it save time on washing up, but it also allows the pasta to cook directly in the sauce, absorbing all of those delicious flavors. Plus, the starchy pasta water helps thicken the sauce, making it cling to every strand of spaghetti.
Tip: Keep an eye on your pasta while it cooks, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking.
Versatility and Pairings
This One-Pot Spaghetti Carbonara is versatile and can be easily adapted to suit your preferences. Prefer bacon over pancetta? Go ahead and make the swap! Want to add some veggies? Toss in some peas or spinach for a pop of color and extra nutrients.
When it comes to serving your Spaghetti Carbonara, there are plenty of options. Pair it with a simple green salad dressed in a light vinaigrette, a crusty baguette, or some steamed vegetables like asparagus or green beans. For a heartier meal, you can serve it alongside a grilled chicken breast or a slice of garlic bread. The possibilities are endless!
So, next time you’re craving a cozy, comforting meal that doesn’t require hours in the kitchen, give this One-Pot Spaghetti Carbonara a try. You’ll love the combination of flavors and the ease of preparation. Buon appetito!
One-Pot Spaghetti CarbonaraCourse: Main CourseCuisine: Italian
An easy, creamy and delicious Italian classic made effortlessly in one pot!
12 oz spaghetti
4 oz pancetta, diced
2 large eggs
1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 cups chicken broth
1 cup water
Salt and black pepper, to taste
Chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
- In a large pot or deep skillet, cook the pancetta over medium heat until crispy. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- In the same pot, add the minced garlic and cook for 1 minute, until fragrant.
- Add the chicken broth, water, and spaghetti to the pot. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 8-10 minutes, until the spaghetti is al dente and most of the liquid is absorbed.
- While the spaghetti cooks, whisk together the eggs and Parmesan cheese in a small bowl.
- Once the spaghetti is cooked, remove the pot from heat. Slowly and gradually pour the egg and cheese mixture into the pot, stirring constantly to prevent the eggs from scrambling.
- Add the cooked pancetta to the pot and stir to combine. Season with salt and black pepper to taste.
- Let the spaghetti carbonara sit for a couple of minutes to thicken the sauce.
- Garnish with chopped fresh parsley and serve immediately.
- For a vegetarian option, replace pancetta with sautéed mushrooms.
- If you can’t find pancetta, you can substitute it with bacon.
- Make sure to constantly stir while adding the egg and cheese mixture to avoid scrambled eggs.
This delightful One-Pot Spaghetti Carbonara pairs well with a fresh, green salad and crusty garlic bread, adding a bit of crunch and brightness to complement the creamy pasta. You might also enjoy serving it alongside steamed or roasted vegetables, like asparagus or green beans, for added texture and color.
To complete the Italian experience, consider pairing this dish with a glass of crisp white wine, such as a Pinot Grigio or Sauvignon Blanc.