This Broccoli Pesto Pasta recipe is perfect for those nights when you want a comforting and filling meal that’s also healthy and easy to make. As someone who loves experimenting with different flavors and ingredients, I was excited to try out this recipe and it did not disappoint!
The inspiration for this dish came from a surplus of broccoli in my fridge that needed to be used up. I had heard about using broccoli in pesto before and thought it would be a great way to incorporate more veggies into my pasta dish. I also love the salty, briny flavor of green olives and knew they would add a great punch of flavor to the dish.
What I love about this recipe is how simple and flavorful it is. The pesto comes together in just minutes with the help of a food processor and the combination of broccoli, olives, basil, and pine nuts creates a deliciously unique flavor. Plus, the dish is packed with nutrients like fiber, vitamin C, and healthy fats from the olive oil and pine nuts.
To make this dish, simply cook your pasta according to package directions and toss it with the broccoli pesto. Garnish with additional pine nuts and basil leaves for a bit of crunch and freshness. This dish pairs well with a simple green salad or a side of roasted veggies.
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I do! Don’t be afraid to get creative with the ingredients and make it your own.
Broccoli Pesto PastaCourse: Main CourseCuisine: Italian
This Broccoli Pesto Pasta is a quick and healthy meal that’s bursting with flavor and nutrients.
2 cups broccoli florets
1 pound uncooked pasta, such as rigatoni or penne
1 cup green olives, drained and pitted
2 cups fresh basil leaves (about 1 ⅓ ounce, or 2 small containers)
3 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
3 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
Several twists of freshly ground black pepper, to taste
¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
Salt, to taste
- Cook pasta according to package directions until al dente.
- While the pasta cooks, make the pesto. In a food processor, combine the broccoli, olives, pine nuts, basil, garlic, Parmesan cheese, black pepper, and olive oil. Blend until smooth, scraping down the sides as needed.
- Taste and adjust seasoning as needed, adding salt or more pepper if desired.
- Drain the pasta and return it to the pot. Add the broccoli pesto and toss to combine.
- Serve hot, garnished with additional pine nuts and basil leaves.
- Leftovers of this pasta can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- To make this dish vegan, simply omit the Parmesan cheese or use a vegan alternative.