Make way for the bishop, folks! But worry not, this is no ordinary bishop. This is a dish of epic proportions! Our “When The Bishop Comes A Knockin’” Casserole” is a meal that truly delivers. So get those tastebuds ready, because it’s time for a feast of biblical proportions! 🍽️
This isn’t just a casserole; it’s a revelation! It’s a symphony of flavors that’ll make you see stars. With savory sausage, tender pasta, creamy cheese sauce, and a crunchy breadcrumb topping, it’s a heavenly combination that’s simply divine. 🌠
Whether it’s a casual Tuesday dinner or a special gathering, this bishop-approved dish has got you covered. It’s always ready to step in and save the day, satisfying hungry bellies and bringing smiles all around. 🎉
The Ingredients: Heaven Sent
The cast of this holy dish includes a range of pantry staples, ready to create a masterpiece. Sausage, pasta, cheese, milk, and breadcrumbs are the choir, harmonizing beautifully to create a casserole chorus that’s simply irresistible. 🎶
Tip: Opt for a quality smoked sausage to really take this casserole to the high heavens. 🌁
Preparation: Divine Intervention
Putting together this casserole is like conducting a heavenly choir. Start by browning the sausage to perfection, then cooking the pasta just right. And when it comes to the sauce, it’s all about blending that cheese into a smooth, creamy concoction. It’s a process that even angels would envy. 👼
Tip: Cook the pasta slightly al dente. It’ll continue to cook in the oven and absorb that lovely sauce. 🍝
Bake: Heavenly Heights
The final act is all about achieving that heavenly golden-brown crust. As the casserole bakes, the flavors meld together, reaching new heights. The end result is a dish that’s truly worth knocking on your door for. 🚪🎺
Tip: For an extra crunch, sprinkle a layer of breadcrumbs on top before baking. It adds a delightful textural contrast. 🍞
“When The Bishop Comes A Knockin’” CasseroleCourse: DinnerCuisine: American
A heavenly casserole of pasta, sausage and cheese that is sure to impress.
1 lb smoked sausage, sliced
2 cups pasta, uncooked
2 cups shredded cheese
2 cups milk
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).
- In a pan over medium heat, brown the sliced sausage. Remove and set aside.
- Cook the pasta according to the package instructions until al dente. Drain and set aside.
- In the same pan, over medium heat, melt 2 tablespoons of butter. Whisk in the flour and cook for a minute. Gradually add the milk, whisking constantly until thickened. Remove from heat and stir in the cheese until melted.
- In a large bowl, combine the cooked pasta, sausage, and cheese sauce. Mix well until all ingredients are coated with the sauce.
- Transfer the mixture into a greased baking dish. Sprinkle the top evenly with breadcrumbs.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes, or until the top is golden and bubbly.
- Let the casserole sit for a few minutes before serving.
- You can use any type of pasta you prefer.
- This casserole can be frozen. Let it cool completely, cover tightly with aluminum foil and freeze. To serve, thaw in the fridge overnight and reheat in the oven.
- Feel free to add some vegetables like bell peppers or mushrooms for a twist.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Can I use a different type of meat?
A: Yes, you can substitute the sausage with ground beef, chicken, or even tofu for a vegetarian option.
Q: Can I add more vegetables to this casserole?
A: Absolutely! Feel free to add any vegetables you like, such as peas, bell peppers, or broccoli. Just make sure to cook them first before adding to the casserole.
Q: Can I make this casserole gluten-free?
A: Yes, you can use gluten-free pasta and breadcrumbs to make this recipe gluten-free.
Q: How should I store leftover casserole?
A: Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. You can also freeze the casserole for up to 3 months.