As a busy woman, I’m always on the lookout for quick and easy recipes that require minimal effort and ingredients. Today, I’ll be sharing a delightful, foolproof recipe that requires just three ingredients: Three-Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies. These little gems are perfect for when you’re craving something sweet but don’t want to spend hours in the kitchen.
Now, I’m sure you’re thinking, “Three ingredients? Really?” And the answer is yes! It’s all about the simplicity and pure, delicious flavors that come together to create a cookie that’s both crunchy and chewy, with a rich peanut butter taste that is simply irresistible.
So, let’s chat about what makes these cookies so incredible, shall we?
First and foremost, the star of the show: peanut butter. This versatile ingredient not only adds a rich, nutty flavor to the cookies, but also acts as the binding agent, eliminating the need for any additional fats like butter or oil. Make sure to use a smooth, creamy peanut butter for the best results – trust me, you won’t be disappointed!
Next up, we have sugar. While some cookie recipes call for both granulated and brown sugar, this recipe keeps it simple by using just one type. The sugar not only sweetens the cookies, but also helps them achieve their signature crispiness.
Finally, the third and final ingredient: an egg. The egg acts as a leavening agent, giving the cookies a little lift while also adding moisture to the dough. Plus, it helps bind everything together for that perfect, chewy texture.
Now that we’ve covered the basics, let’s talk about the baking process. The secret to these cookies is to bake them at a low temperature for a longer period of time. This ensures that they’re cooked through and perfectly crispy on the outside, while still maintaining that delightful chewiness on the inside.
And there you have it – a simple, yet scrumptious cookie recipe that requires just three ingredients and minimal effort. These Three-Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies are perfect for whipping up on a whim, whether you’re hosting a last-minute get-together or simply craving a little something sweet.
So go on, give this recipe a try and indulge in the delicious simplicity of these mouthwatering cookies. I guarantee they’ll become a staple in your recipe repertoire. Happy baking!
Three-Ingredient Peanut Butter CookiesCourse: DessertCuisine: American
Delightfully simple and scrumptious peanut butter cookies with just three ingredients!
1 cup smooth peanut butter
1 cup granulated sugar
1 large egg
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine the peanut butter, sugar, and egg. Mix until well combined.
- Using a tablespoon, scoop out the cookie dough and roll it into balls. Place the balls on the prepared baking sheet, spacing them about 2 inches apart.
- Using a fork, gently press down on each cookie ball in a criss-cross pattern to flatten them slightly.
- Bake the cookies in the preheated oven for 10-12 minutes, or until the edges are lightly golden.
- Remove the cookies from the oven and let them cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
- For a twist, add chocolate chips or chopped nuts to the dough.
- Use a silicone baking mat instead of parchment paper for easier cleanup.
- Store the cookies in an airtight container for up to a week.
These delightful Three-Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies pair exceptionally well with a cold glass of milk or a warm cup of coffee or tea. If you’re looking for a more indulgent treat, serve them alongside a scoop of vanilla ice cream or a dollop of whipped cream for a heavenly dessert experience. You can also enjoy these cookies with a fruit salad for a refreshing contrast of flavors and textures.