Shhh… The secret is about to be revealed. We are unveiling the clandestine magic ingredient that transforms a classic BLT sandwich into an unforgettable feast. For decades, the simple, reliable BLT has graced lunch tables and picnic baskets, offering a satisfying, easy-to-make option. But today, the American classic is about to get a major makeover 🥳.
Imagine biting into a sandwich where crispy bacon, fresh lettuce, and juicy tomatoes are brought together by an extraordinary twist. Intrigued? We thought so!
Here it comes… the game-changing ingredient that will make your BLT the talk of the town is… Avocado! 🥑 Yes, you read it right! A BLT with a buttery slice of avocado. It will make you go from “Bleh-LT” to “BL-Awe-T” in one bite! 🤯
But why stop at the avocado? We are going to take this sandwich to a whole new level by turning that avocado into a creamy, zesty avocado mayo. We promise you, this is not just your average comfort food. It’s comfort food with a deluxe upgrade.
Now you may be wondering, “Is making avocado mayo complicated?” The answer, dear reader, is no! With just 5 ingredients and 5 minutes, you can whip up the most luscious, mouthwatering mayo. And once you’ve tried it, there’s no going back!
Now get ready to assemble the sandwich that will make you the lunchtime legend in your circle. Toasted bread, avocado mayo, crispy bacon, fresh lettuce, juicy tomato, and another layer of that irresistible mayo. The flavor explosion in this sandwich will make you understand why the BLT has two “T”s – it’s Too Tasty! 😋
The Perfect BLT SandwichCourse: LunchCuisine: American
Unleash the magic of avocado in this upgraded BLT sandwich! It’s an explosion of flavors that you don’t want to miss.
4 slices of bread
4 lettuce leaves
2 ripe tomatoes, sliced
4 slices of crispy bacon
1 ripe avocado
2 tbsp mayonnaise
1 tsp lemon juice
Salt and pepper to taste
- To make the avocado mayo, mash the avocado until smooth. Add the mayonnaise, lemon juice, salt, and pepper, and mix well.
- Toast the bread slices until golden and crispy.
- Spread the avocado mayo on one side of each bread slice.
- Place the lettuce leaves on two bread slices. Add the tomato slices on top, followed by the crispy bacon.
- Cover each sandwich with another slice of bread, avocado mayo side down.
- You can add a slice of cheese if desired.
- Replace bacon with grilled chicken for a variation.
- Avocado mayo can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Now, you’re no longer a mere mortal standing in your kitchen. You’re a master sandwich architect, a flavor conjurer, a culinary magician. And this, my friend, is your top-secret power: the upgraded BLT sandwich! It’s not just a sandwich; it’s a showstopper, an encore, a standing ovation in your mouth. So, go on, cast this spell of culinary genius in your kitchen and see the magic unfold! 🎩✨