Drum roll, please… 🥁 The “Real Deal” Southern Preacher Cake is about to make a grand entrance into your kitchen! This is the dessert you didn’t know you were missing, the sweet symphony that your taste buds have been waiting for! Packed with pineapple, coconut, and a generous lashing of cream cheese frosting, this is American comfort food at its best! 🍰✨
Listen up, folks! You’re just 8 mesmerizing steps away from baking this delight. Yes, you heard that right! This divine, moist, and fluffy as a cloud cake is about to add a sprinkle of magic to your day. Consider it a culinary high five to your baking skills!
But what is a Preacher Cake, you might ask? Hailing from the heart of the south, this is a cake so good, it’s said to make any visiting preacher shout “Hallelujah!” The combination of juicy pineapples, crunchy walnuts, and the tropical hint of coconut will transport you straight to a Southern hospitality scene! 🍍🥥
Are you ready to add a sweet southern charm to your kitchen? Buckle up, grab your apron, and brace yourself for a wild ride of flavors! The smell alone of this cake baking will make your neighbors knock on your door! 🚪
Southern Preacher CakeCourse: DessertCuisine: American
A delightful Southern cake loaded with pineapple, coconut, and a creamy cheese frosting.
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 cups granulated sugar
2 large eggs
2 cups crushed pineapple (with juice)
1 cup shredded coconut
1 cup chopped walnuts
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 block cream cheese
1/2 cup butter
4 cups powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract for frosting
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C) and grease your cake pan.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, and baking soda. Mix in eggs, pineapple along with its juice, and the teaspoon of vanilla extract. Stir in the walnuts and shredded coconut.
- Pour the batter into the greased cake pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean.
- While the cake is cooling, it’s time to make the frosting. Beat together the cream cheese, butter, and the teaspoon of vanilla extract until creamy.
- Gradually add the powdered sugar to the cream cheese mixture, continue beating until combined and smooth.
- Once the cake has completely cooled, frost it with the cream cheese frosting and sprinkle with additional chopped walnuts if desired.
- Serve and enjoy your Southern Preacher Cake.
- You can store the cake in the fridge for up to a week, though we doubt it’ll last that long 😉.
- You can substitute walnuts with pecans.
- For a dairy-free version, use a dairy-free cream cheese substitute.
In the world of home baking, nothing compares to the divine taste of the “Real Deal” Southern Preacher Cake. If you haven’t tried it yet, you’re missing out on a trip straight to cake heaven. But don’t worry, this recipe will guide you to it. Happy baking, y’all! 🍰🎉