After a long day, there’s nothing quite like coming home to a comforting, home-cooked meal. And when it comes to cozy, satisfying dinners, Slow Cooker Beef and Broccoli is a dish that always hits the spot. With its tender, melt-in-your-mouth beef and crisp, flavorful broccoli, this Asian-inspired classic is sure to become a favorite in your household.
Today, we’re taking this beloved recipe and giving it a fresh, modern twist by making it in a slow cooker! This cooking method not only frees up your time but also guarantees that your beef and broccoli will be cooked to perfection.
The magic of the slow cooker is that it allows the flavors to meld and deepen as the ingredients cook low and slow over several hours. This results in a rich, aromatic sauce that envelops the beef and broccoli, making every bite a symphony of taste and texture.
For the beef, we recommend using a boneless chuck roast or flank steak, as these cuts become tender and succulent during the slow cooking process. And when it comes to the broccoli, using fresh florets will provide the best texture and flavor.
One of the best things about Slow Cooker Beef and Broccoli is that it’s incredibly easy to customize to your taste preferences. Love your food with a bit of heat? Add a pinch of red pepper flakes. Want to amp up the flavor even more? Throw in some minced garlic and ginger. The possibilities are endless!
As the dish cooks, your kitchen will fill with the enticing aromas of soy sauce, brown sugar, and sesame oil. By the time you’re ready to serve, you’ll be practically drooling in anticipation!
When it’s time to dig in, serve your Slow Cooker Beef and Broccoli over a bed of steamed jasmine or brown rice for a complete, satisfying meal. The sauce will soak into the rice, providing an extra burst of flavor in every bite.
So why not treat yourself and your loved ones to this delicious, comforting dish that’s perfect for busy weeknights or lazy weekends? With minimal prep and the help of your trusty slow cooker, you’ll have a meal that’s sure to impress and delight!
Now, go ahead, take the plunge into the world of slow cooker magic, and let this Slow Cooker Beef and Broccoli become a cherished staple in your home-cooked meal rotation.
Slow Cooker Beef and BroccoliCourse: Main CourseCuisine: Asian
Satisfy your cravings with this mouthwatering Slow Cooker Beef and Broccoli recipe that’s incredibly easy to make.
1.5 lbs beef chuck roast, thinly sliced
1 cup beef broth
1/2 cup low-sodium soy sauce
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 tbsp sesame oil
3 cloves garlic, minced
4 cups broccoli florets
2 tbsp cornstarch
1/4 cup water
- In a small bowl, whisk together beef broth, soy sauce, brown sugar, sesame oil, and minced garlic. Pour the mixture into the slow cooker.
- Add the thinly sliced beef to the slow cooker, making sure it is fully submerged in the sauce. Cook on low for 3-4 hours or until the beef is tender.
- About 30 minutes before serving, steam the broccoli until tender but still crisp. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the cornstarch and water to create a slurry. Stir the slurry into the slow cooker to thicken the sauce.
- Add the steamed broccoli to the slow cooker, and gently stir to combine. Cook for an additional 10-15 minutes to let the flavors meld.
- Serve the beef and broccoli over cooked rice, garnishing with sesame seeds and chopped green onions if desired.
- Adjust the cooking time if using a different cut of beef, as the tenderness may vary.
- For a spicier kick, add crushed red pepper flakes to taste.
- Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
This Slow Cooker Beef and Broccoli pairs well with steamed white or brown rice, quinoa, or noodles. For a complete Asian-inspired meal, consider adding side dishes such as vegetable spring rolls, potstickers, or a simple cucumber salad. Enjoy!