Let’s face it: we all need a little chocolate therapy from time to time. But what if you could satisfy your sweet tooth while staying true to your healthy and compassionate lifestyle? Enter the Vegan Chocolate Peanut Butter Chickpea Brownies – a game-changing dessert that’s as nutritious as it is scrumptious.
Now, I know what you’re thinking: “Chickpeas? In brownies?!” But trust me, this unconventional ingredient is the key to creating a rich, fudgy texture without all the guilt. Plus, they’re packed with protein and fiber to help keep you full and satisfied.
The best part? This recipe is incredibly easy to whip up, making it perfect for busy moms, students, and anyone looking for a healthier way to indulge their chocolate cravings.
So, gather your ingredients and let’s get baking!
First things first: preheat your oven to 350°F (180°C) and line an 8×8-inch baking pan with parchment paper. This will ensure your brownies come out perfectly every time.
Next, grab your trusty food processor and combine the drained and rinsed chickpeas, along with some creamy peanut butter, unsweetened cocoa powder, pure maple syrup, and a splash of vanilla extract. Blend until smooth, scraping down the sides as needed.
At this point, you’ll want to add in the baking powder to give your brownies that irresistible lift.
Now, for the pièce de résistance: fold in some dairy-free chocolate chips to take these brownies to the next level. You can never have too much chocolate, right?
Once your batter is ready, pour it into the prepared pan and smooth the top with a spatula. If you’re feeling extra fancy, sprinkle some additional chocolate chips or crushed peanuts on top for a touch of crunch and visual appeal.
Pop your pan in the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out mostly clean. Remember, it’s better to slightly underbake your brownies for that gooey, fudgy texture we all know and love.
Once they’re done, let the brownies cool in the pan for at least 15 minutes before slicing and devouring.
Pro tip: These brownies taste even better the next day, so try to resist the temptation and let them sit overnight. I promise, it’s worth the wait!
And there you have it – Vegan Chocolate Peanut Butter Chickpea Brownies that will have you questioning everything you thought you knew about healthy desserts. Share them with friends, family, or keep them all to yourself (I won’t judge!).
Serve these brownies with a cold glass of almond milk or a scoop of dairy-free ice cream for a truly decadent experience. You’ll never look at chickpeas the same way again. Happy baking!
Vegan Chocolate Peanut Butter Chickpea BrowniesCourse: DessertCuisine: American
Indulge in these heavenly, guilt-free Vegan Chocolate Peanut Butter Chickpea Brownies that will make you forget they’re made with chickpeas!
1 15-ounce can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/4 cup pure maple syrup
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 cup dairy-free chocolate chips, plus more for topping (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (180°C) and line an 8×8-inch baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a food processor, combine the chickpeas, peanut butter, cocoa powder, maple syrup, and vanilla extract. Blend until smooth, scraping down the sides as needed.
- Add in the baking powder and blend until combined.
- Fold in the dairy-free chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and smooth the top with a spatula.
- Optionally, sprinkle additional chocolate chips or crushed peanuts on top.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out mostly clean.
- Allow the brownies to cool in the pan for at least 15 minutes before slicing and serving.
- For a nut-free version, try using sunflower seed butter instead of peanut butter.
- These brownies taste even better the next day, so consider making them ahead of time and letting them sit overnight.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days or in the refrigerator for up to a week.
Vegan Chocolate Peanut Butter Chickpea Brownies pair well with a cold glass of almond milk or a scoop of dairy-free ice cream for a delicious and satisfying dessert. Enjoy them with friends, family, or treat yourself to a healthy indulgence that doesn’t compromise on taste.