Spaghetti, when done right, can transport you straight to the heart of a nonna’s kitchen in Italy. But today, we’re bringing you a classic American comfort food that promises an experience just as divine—Baked Spaghetti. This is not your everyday pasta. It’s a delightful twist on the classic dish that makes for a hearty, cozy, and utterly delicious meal! 🍝🇺🇸
Why is this dish so special, you ask? Imagine your regular spaghetti but turned up a notch. Imagine a layer of pasta coated with a zesty marinara sauce, topped with a sea of melted mozzarella and parmesan. It’s a cheese-lover’s dream, a pasta enthusiast’s haven, and a treat for anyone who appreciates good food. 😋
Unlock the Secret to the Perfect Baked Spaghetti 🗝️
There are a few key steps to making your baked spaghetti truly unforgettable. The first secret lies in the sauce. Choosing a high-quality marinara sauce (or better yet, making your own) can take your dish from good to great. The second secret is all about the cheese. And when we say cheese, we mean lots of it! The combination of mozzarella and Parmesan adds depth and creaminess that’s worth every calorie. 😉
Pro tip: For an extra flavor boost, consider adding sautéed vegetables, ground beef, or sausage to your sauce.
Get Ready to Pasta La Vista, Baby! 🍝🕶️
Ready to bake your way to spaghetti bliss? Let’s pasta la vista, baby! Start by cooking your spaghetti just until it’s al dente. Why? Because the pasta will continue cooking in the oven and you don’t want it to get mushy. Al dente pasta, which is cooked to be firm to the bite, holds up better in the oven.
Next, sauté your onions and garlic, add the marinara sauce, and then toss in the spaghetti. After it’s evenly coated, transfer your saucy pasta to a baking dish, top it off with an ample amount of cheese, and then bake until golden and bubbly. Now, that’s amore! ❤️
Pro tip: Let your baked spaghetti rest for a few minutes before serving to allow the flavors to meld together beautifully.
Baked SpaghettiCourse: DinnerCuisine: American
Imagine your regular spaghetti but turned up a notch.
12 oz spaghetti
1 jar (24 oz) marinara sauce
1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
1 medium onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Cook the spaghetti according to package instructions until al dente. Drain and set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, sauté the onions until translucent. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant.
- Pour in the marinara sauce and stir well. Reduce heat to low and let it simmer for a few minutes.
- Combine the cooked spaghetti and marinara sauce, ensuring that the pasta is well-coated.
- Transfer half of the spaghetti and sauce mixture to a baking dish. Sprinkle half of the mozzarella and Parmesan cheese on top.
- Layer the remaining spaghetti and sauce on top, followed by the rest of the cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 20-25 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbly. Let it rest for a few minutes before serving.
- Feel free to add in extra ingredients like ground beef or vegetables to customize your baked spaghetti.
- Leftovers can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- You can also make this recipe ahead of time and freeze it. Simply assemble the baked spaghetti without baking, cover it tightly, and freeze. When ready to eat, bake from frozen at 350°F (175°C) for about 60 minutes.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I use other types of pasta for this recipe?
Yes, you can! While spaghetti is traditional, feel free to switch things up with other types of pasta like penne, fusilli, or rigatoni. The cooking time might vary slightly depending on the pasta type.
Can I add meat to this recipe?
Definitely! Ground beef or sausage would be great additions. Just cook the meat in the skillet before sautéing the onions and garlic, then proceed with the recipe as instructed.
What should I serve with baked spaghetti?
This dish is pretty hearty on its own, but it pairs wonderfully with a fresh green salad and some garlic bread. You could also serve it with some roasted vegetables for a bit of extra nutrition.
How do I store leftovers?
Leftover baked spaghetti can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. To reheat, simply microwave until warmed through, or reheat in the oven at 350°F until hot.