There’s something universally comforting about a bowl of chicken noodle soup. Its steamy, savory goodness has a way of wrapping around you like a warm hug, chasing away the chill of the day, and stirring memories of cozy meals around the family table.
This isn’t your average canned soup; it’s a culinary experience that will make you pause, close your eyes, and savor every spoonful.
But what makes this soup so heavenly? Let’s unwrap the magic.
Fresh, Quality Ingredients
The heart of any great dish lies in its ingredients. This soup showcases simple, wholesome ingredients, each playing its part to create a symphony of flavors.
Tip: Choose organic, free-range chicken and fresh vegetables for the best taste and nutritional value.
The Love is in the Broth
The soul of this chicken noodle soup lies in its broth. Rich, aromatic, and bursting with flavor, it’s a testament to the time-honored tradition of slow-cooking.
Tip: Simmering the broth slowly and patiently allows the flavors to fully develop and meld together.
Noodles that Make a Difference
Then there are the noodles. Not just any noodles, but the kind that are hearty enough to stand up to the rich broth, yet tender enough to melt in your mouth with every bite.
Tip: Choose egg noodles for their rich flavor and perfect texture.
Each spoonful of this heavenly soup is a journey of taste and texture, a comforting embrace that soothes the soul and warms the heart. Whether you’re making it for a mid-week dinner or serving it to guests, it’s sure to impress.
So why not step into your kitchen and create a little slice of heaven? You might just find that this isn’t just soup, it’s love in a bowl.
It’s-Not-Soup, It’s-Heaven-In-A-Bowl Chicken Noodle SoupCourse: SoupCuisine: American
A heavenly, comforting chicken noodle soup that wraps you in a warm embrace.
1 whole organic, free-range chicken, cut into pieces
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 large onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
3 large carrots, sliced
3 celery stalks, chopped
8 cups low-sodium chicken broth
2 cups egg noodles
Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large pot, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion, garlic, carrots, and celery, and sauté until the vegetables are tender.
- Add the chicken pieces to the pot and brown on all sides.
- Pour in the chicken broth, season with salt and pepper, and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Remove the chicken from the pot and shred the meat. Discard the bones and skin.
- Return the shredded chicken to the pot and add the egg noodles. Simmer until the noodles are cooked.
- Adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper, if needed.
- Serve the soup hot, garnished with fresh parsley or thyme, if desired.
- Enjoy your heavenly bowl of chicken noodle soup!
- For a richer flavor, you can roast the chicken pieces in the oven before adding them to the soup.
- Feel free to add other vegetables like peas or corn to the soup.
- Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Our “It’s-Not-Soup, It’s-Heaven-In-A-Bowl” Chicken Noodle Soup is the embodiment of comfort and is perfect to savor on its own. However, it pairs exceptionally well with a crusty baguette or a simple side salad for a complete, satisfying meal. If you’re feeling adventurous, you can also pair it with a light white wine such as a Sauvignon Blanc, which complements the rich flavors of the soup beautifully.