Ever heard the saying, “too good to be true?” Well, let me introduce you to a recipe that defies this cliché – the Eggs in Purgatory. But hey, don’t let the name scare you! 😈🍳 This dish is simply divine. A classic Italian breakfast, it’s set to dethrone your ordinary scrambled eggs and elevate your mornings to a celestial level.
The stars of this dish? Just a handful of humble ingredients. Your morning eggs, good ol’ tomato sauce, a sprinkle of cheese, and a bit of garlic for that extra kick. That’s it! You’re just 4 steps away from culinary comfort food nirvana! 🤤
Ever wondered why this dish is called Eggs in Purgatory? Well, imagine your eggs gently simmering in a bubbling pool of tomato sauce, like they’re purifying their souls for the journey to breakfast heaven. A tad dramatic? Sure, but it’s also damn delicious! 😋
Now let’s make an egg-citing promise: prepare this dish, and you’ll feel like an Italian nonna, even if your only link to Italy is binge-watching Money Heist on Netflix. And guess what? You’ll need less than 30 minutes to whisk up this heavenly meal. Who knew the path to divine indulgence was so quick and easy?
Eggs in PurgatoryCourse: BreakfastCuisine: Italian
An egg-cellent Italian breakfast dish that’s easy, quick, and egg-straordinarily tasty!
4 large eggs
2 cups of tomato sauce
1/2 cup of grated mozzarella cheese
2 cloves of garlic, minced
- Heat the tomato sauce in a pan over medium heat. Add the minced garlic and let it simmer for a couple of minutes.
- Crack the eggs into the pan, making sure to space them evenly.
- Sprinkle the mozzarella cheese over the sauce and eggs. Cover the pan and let it cook for about 5-6 minutes, or until the eggs are cooked to your liking.
- Serve hot with a slice of crusty bread.
- The dish can also be cooked in the oven. Just preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C), and bake for about 8-10 minutes.
- You can add some chopped fresh basil or parsley for garnish.
As a little secret tip, you can garnish it with some fresh basil or parsley for that extra touch of Italian authenticity. If you’re in a rush, you can even cook this beauty in the oven. Eggs in Purgatory – they’re devilishly good and angelically easy to prepare. 👼🍳🔥
In the realm of breakfast recipes, our Eggs in Purgatory reigns supreme. It’s a true embodiment of quick and easy recipes with an egg-straordinary taste. So, dear reader, are you ready to tantalize your taste buds and experience a heavenly start to your day? Remember, a divine breakfast is just a pan away!