Have you ever experienced love at first bite? If not, prepare to be swept off your feet by this insanely delicious and easy-to-make Spinach and Feta Quiche with Scallions.
I first discovered this recipe during a weekend getaway to a charming bed and breakfast. The delightful aroma of the quiche baking in the oven greeted me as I entered the dining area. And, let me tell you, it tasted even better than it smelled.
Perfect for brunch or a light dinner, this quiche has become a staple in my kitchen. I’ve served it for Easter, Mother’s Day, and even at a girls’ night in. It’s versatile, delicious, and always a crowd-pleaser.
The first time I attempted to make this quiche, I’ll admit, it wasn’t perfect. But after a few tries, I’ve mastered the art of quiche-making and I’m here to share my secrets with you.
Common Mistake #1
Overcooking the spinach. To avoid this, simply wilt the spinach just enough to release excess moisture. Don’t forget to drain it well before adding it to your egg mixture.
Common Mistake #2
A soggy crust. To prevent this, make sure to pre-bake the crust for a few minutes before adding the filling.
Q: Can I use frozen spinach?
A: Yes, you can! Just make sure to thaw it and squeeze out any excess moisture before adding it to the egg mixture.
Q: Can I use a store-bought pie crust?
A: Absolutely! Just make sure to follow the same pre-baking instructions to prevent a soggy crust.
Q: Can I make this quiche ahead of time?
A: Yes! This quiche can be made a day in advance and reheated in the oven before serving.
Q: Is it possible to make this quiche dairy-free?
A: Yes, you can substitute the feta cheese with dairy-free cheese and use a dairy-free milk option, like almond milk.
Q: Can I add other vegetables to the quiche?
A: Of course! Feel free to add your favorite veggies, such as mushrooms, bell peppers, or zucchini.
So, why should you try this Spinach and Feta Quiche with Scallions? Well, not only is it incredibly scrumptious, but it’s also:
- Easy to make
- Perfect for any mealtime or occasion
- Customizable with your favorite ingredients
- A great make-ahead option for busy weeks
So, my dear quiche-lovers, what are you waiting for?
This is the ultimate quiche recipe that you’ve been searching for. Trust me, once you’ve tasted this heavenly concoction, you’ll never look at quiche the same way again. Don’t wait another minute – try it today and watch it become a favorite in your household too!
Spinach and Feta QuicheCourse: Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, DinnerCuisine: French
This delectable spinach and feta quiche with scallions is perfect for a savory breakfast, brunch, or light dinner.
1 Easy Pie Crust, chilled at least 2 hours
5 ounces baby spinach
6 large eggs
½ cup unsweetened almond milk or whole milk
1 cup crumbled feta or goat cheese
1 cup chopped scallions
¼ teaspoon sea salt Freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (180°C) and lightly grease a 9-inch pie dish.
- Roll out the chilled pie crust on a lightly floured surface and carefully transfer it to the prepared pie dish, pressing it into the edges.
- Trim any excess dough from the edges and prick the bottom of the crust with a fork. Chill the crust while you prepare the filling.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, wilt the spinach with a pinch of salt. Once wilted, transfer to a colander and press out any excess moisture.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, almond milk or whole milk, sea salt, and freshly ground black pepper.
- Stir in the crumbled feta, chopped scallions, and wilted spinach.
- Pour the egg mixture into the prepared pie crust and smooth out the top.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes, or until the quiche is set and golden brown. Allow the quiche to cool for 10-15 minutes before slicing and serving.
- You can use store-bought pie crust if you’re short on time. Feel free to substitute with other greens, such as kale or Swiss chard.
This Spinach and Feta Quiche with Scallions is a versatile dish that can be served for breakfast, brunch, lunch, or a light dinner. It pairs beautifully with a simple green salad, fresh fruit, or a cup of soup.
It’s also a great make-ahead meal that can be reheated and enjoyed throughout the week. Serve this delightful quiche at your next gathering and watch it disappear!