As a devoted food lover and an enthusiast of healthy, wholesome meals, I’m always on the lookout for new and exciting recipes to add to my collection. The day I stumbled upon this Delightful Farro and Kale Salad with Goat Cheese recipe was a game-changer.
I was at a friend’s potluck dinner, where each guest brought their signature dish, and this beautiful salad caught my eye. With each bite, I fell more in love with the harmonious blend of flavors and textures.
I knew I had to recreate this salad at home and share the recipe with all of you!
This versatile salad is perfect for various occasions, from family gatherings to holiday celebrations. Its vibrant colors and enticing flavors make it an excellent addition to your Thanksgiving or Christmas table. Plus, it’s a delightful choice for picnics, barbecues, or a healthy meal prep option during busy weeks.
Since discovering this recipe, the Farro and Kale Salad has become a regular in my meal rotation. I’ve experimented with different ingredients and found that it’s incredibly adaptable to suit various preferences.
Sometimes, I swap out the dried cherries for cranberries, or I add roasted vegetables for an extra boost of flavor. The salad has been a hit with my family and friends, and I’ve even shared it with my colleagues at work.
Common Mistakes and Solutions
- Overcooking the farro: Be sure to check the farro for doneness after about 25 minutes to avoid mushy grains. Each grain should be tender but still have a slight chewiness.
- Not massaging the kale: Massaging the kale with vinaigrette helps break down the fibers, making it tender and easier to eat. Don’t skip this step!
Q: Can I use a different grain in place of farro? A: Yes! Quinoa, barley, or even wheat berries can be used as a substitute for farro.
Q: What if I don’t have sherry vinegar or red wine vinegar? A: You can replace it with apple cider vinegar or white wine vinegar in a pinch.
Why You Should Try This Recipe
The Delightful Farro and Kale Salad with Goat Cheese is a must-try for anyone looking for a satisfying, nutritious, and delicious meal. It’s packed with fiber, vitamins, and minerals that your body will love. The combination of chewy farro, tender kale, sweet dried cherries, crunchy almonds, and tangy goat cheese creates a symphony of flavors that will leave you craving more.
So why wait? Give this delightful salad a try and experience the harmony of wholesome goodness for yourself!
Farro and Kale Salad with Goat CheeseCourse: Lunch, DinnerCuisine: Mediterranean
This delightful farro and kale salad, combined with goat cheese, almonds, and dried cherries, is a nourishing and satisfying meal perfect for any occasion.
1 cup uncooked farro, rinsed
¼ teaspoon fine sea salt
1 big bunch curly green kale, ribs removed and chopped into small, bite-sized pieces
½ cup raw sliced almonds
⅓ cup roughly chopped dried cherries or cranberries
4 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
⅓ cup extra-virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon sherry vinegar or red wine vinegar
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
2 cloves garlic, pressed or minced
¼ teaspoon fine sea salt
- In a medium saucepan, combine the rinsed farro, 2 cups water, and ¼ teaspoon fine sea salt. Bring the mixture to a boil over medium-high heat, then reduce the heat to maintain a gentle simmer. Cook until the farro is tender, about 30 minutes. Drain off any excess water and set aside to cool.
- While the farro is cooking, prepare the vinaigrette. In a small bowl or measuring cup, whisk together the extra-virgin olive oil, sherry vinegar, Dijon mustard, minced garlic, and ¼ teaspoon fine sea salt.
- In a large serving bowl, add the chopped kale and pour half of the vinaigrette over it. Use your hands to massage the kale until it’s softened and reduced in volume, about 2 minutes.
- Add the cooled farro to the kale, followed by the sliced almonds, chopped dried cherries or cranberries, and crumbled goat cheese.
- Drizzle the remaining vinaigrette over the salad and toss to combine. Taste and adjust seasoning with more salt, if necessary.
- You can substitute farro with other grains like quinoa or barley.
- For a vegan option, omit the goat cheese or replace it with your favorite vegan cheese.
This delightful farro and kale salad is a versatile dish that can be enjoyed on its own or as a side to grilled chicken, fish, or roasted vegetables. It’s perfect for a light lunch, a wholesome dinner, or as a contribution to potlucks and picnics.
This salad is not only delicious but also nourishing, making it an excellent choice for those looking to maintain a healthy lifestyle. Enjoy the combination of flavors and textures in this delightful farro and kale salad with goat cheese!